[Vol 1] Ore ga Moteru no wa Kaishaku Chigai: Oshi Bishoujo-tachi ni Hasamaremashita Prologue

Prologue
 

Beautiful girls laughing and playing together are irresistibly adorable.

“Hey, hey, Toa-chin. Do you like me?”

“Eeh〜? Renka-chan, what’s with you all of a sudden〜?”

In the classroom of Class 2–1. Two beautiful girls sitting next to each other were chatting away excitedly.

The short, petite loli girl called Toa. And the blonde gyaru called Renka. The two leaned their shoulders together like a couple.

“I mean, look at this! Isn’t it amazing? My compatibility with Toa-chin is 95%!”

“Ah! You’re right〜! This app’s compatibility fortune-telling is the one everyone says is super accurate, right?”

“Yeah, yeah! That means we’re like, suuuper close, right!? Yay!”

“Yaaay〜! We’re a perfect match〜!”

The two exchanged a cute high-five and hugged affectionately. If this were a manga, hearts would probably be floating around them.

“Hey, what should we do? Wanna just get married?”

“Ahaha. Renka-chan, you’re moving way too fast〜. Do you really like me that much〜?”

“Well, it’s 95%, you know? That means Toa-chin totally loves me too!”

“Geez〜. That’s not it. This is just 『liking』 as friends〜.”

“Eeh〜? But Toa-chin, your face is totally red, you know?”

Radiating a lovey-dovey aura, Renka-san and Toa-san playfully teased each other.

That’s when another girl walked over.

“Hey, Renka. You’re troubling Toa, aren’t you?”

“Oww!?”

A girl lightly bonked Renka-san with the corner of a paperback book.

A black-haired literary beauty──Shiori-san.

“Hey, Shiorin! What are you doing!?”

“It’s your fault for pushing so hard, Renka. Toa, are you okay?”

“Yeah! Thank you, Shiori-chan.”

Toa-san stood up and ran over to Shiori-san, like a puppy that had grown attached to its owner.

Shiori-san gently patted Toa-san’s head, her cheeks faintly tinged with red.

“Shiorin, that’s not fairー! Don’t steal my Toa-chin!”

“Toa doesn’t belong to you in the first place.”

“No, she does. We just got married.”

“Stop it. If Toa married you, you’d smother her to death.”

“Then you take care of me instead, Shiorinー!”

Renka-san and Shiori-san traded playful jabs, while Toa-san smiled softly between them.

Watching their close-knit scene, I──Naruse Souma──murmured under my breath.

“Precious……!”

In the corner of the classroom, I quietly pressed my hands together as if in prayer.

Man, it really is nice. Watching girls flirt and fool around together.

These days, anyone has probably watched female VTubers collaborating and thought, “So cute……!” Or maybe felt their heart skip a beat watching girls interact with each other in anime or manga.

Just like that, I love watching these three together.

The cheerful gyaru Renka-san, the pure and elegant Shiori-san, and Toa-san—the fluffy, puppy-like girl loved by both of them.

They’re among the most beautiful girls in school, and seeing them act all close and affectionate like lovers makes my cheeks loosen on their own.

“But you know, Renka-chan and Shiori-chan seem like they’d have good compatibility too, right?”

“Yeah! We are childhood friends, after all!”

“Then let’s try fortune-telling it too!”

Borrowing Renka-san’s phone, Toa-san started another compatibility check.

“Let’s see… Shiori-chan and Renka-chan’s compatibility is〜…… Ah. 70%!”

“Eeh〜? 70%〜? Isn’t that lower than you’d expect, Shiorin?”

“Whatever…… I’m not happy just because I get along with you……”

“Haa〜!? That’s mean〜.”

“Come on, Shiori-chan. If you say that, Renka-chan will feel bad〜.”

“Seriously. Well, you’re probably just acting tough. You looked a little disappointed by the result, too.”

“That’s not……! I’m not thinking anything like that!”

Shiori-san and Renka-san were childhood friends who often bickered lightly. But that only showed how close they really were. In the end, it was obvious they got along well.

“Oh, and my compatibility with Shiori-chan is〜…… Yay! 95%ー! We’re super close too〜!”

“Geez…… Toa, stop it. That’s embarrassing……”

As Toa-san excitedly celebrated, Shiori-san’s cheeks turned red.

“Ahー! So you like Toa-chin more than me, Shiorinー?”

“Why do you sound a little jealous……?”

Toa-san’s friendly appeal made Shiori-san blush, while Renka-san grew jealous of the two.

Watching their precious little scuffle, I realized I was grinning.

Yeah…… these three really are great. I could watch this forever.

“Oh, right!”

Suddenly, Renka-san raised her voice.

“Since we’re at it, let’s all go together! ──To do a compatibility fortune with you!”

“Ah! I’m in〜! I wonder what percent I’ll get〜?”

“I don’t mind either…… but I’m kinda nervous.”

I was enjoying their flirting all by myself when—

For some reason, they all looked over at me. Then the three of them walked toward me together.

“U-um! Hey, Souma-kun, wanna do the fortune-telling with us too?”

“Huh……?”

Renka-san asked, her face red and her expression shy.

For some reason, their attention had suddenly turned to me.

“W-why me……?”

“’Cause I’m curious! Like, how close we are with you, Souma-kun!”

Renka-san leaned in close. Shiori-san and Toa-san nodded along.

“I’m curious too…… about my compatibility with Naruse-kun.”

“Yeah, yeah! Let’s all check together〜!”

The three surrounded my desk. Just moments ago, they were flirting only with each other—now, they were smiling at me.

“Alright! Let’s see who has the best compatibility with Souma-kun!”

“Sorry, but I’m not losing this one, okay? I’m totally getting one hundred percent!”

“I’m confident too.”

They each fired themselves up.

They looked even more serious than when they’d been fortune-telling among themselves.

“By the way, Souma-kun, who do you think you’re closest to?”

“Wha!?”

Caught off guard, I looked at Renka-san.

“Ehehe〜! Obviously me, right〜? We’ve been chatting a lot lately!”

“Wait, Toa. I’m always with Naruse-kun too.”

The three started competing over something trivial.

“No, noー! I’m clearly the closest one! Right, Souma-kun?”

“Whoa!?”

Renka-san suddenly clung to my right arm, like she would with her boyfriend.

“Hey, Renka! You shouldn’t do stuff like that out of nowhere.”

Scolding her, Shiori-san grabbed my left arm instead. Her words and actions didn’t really match, though……

“You two are unfair〜! Then I’ll do this〜!”

Finally, Toa-san hugged me from behind.

What…… is happening right now?

“Looks like no one’s willing to back down. Then let the fortune decide! Who’s Souma-kun’s destined one!”

Why are they fighting over someone like me?

“Alright, Souma-kun! Tell me, okay? Your birthday and blood type!”

“I’m definitely going to be number one.”

“Uh, um…… wait……”

Hold on…… I can’t keep up with this. I was just watching their flirting from a distance.

So why am I the one being sandwiched between them!?

Comments