[Vol 1] Ore ga Moteru no wa Kaishaku Chigai: Oshi Bishoujo-tachi ni Hasamaremashita Chapter 2
Monday after the weekend.
Right after morning homeroom ended, a girl called out to me.
“Hey, hey, Souma-kun! Got a minute?”
When I looked, Renka-san was walking over to my seat with a smile.
“Um… what’s up?”
My voice came out a little shaky from nerves.
This was the first time Renka-san had ever spoken to me. Being called over by one of the top beauties in our grade made me brace myself, wondering what she wanted.
“Actually, I’m on duty today, and the teacher asked me to carry these workbooks to the staff room…”
Looking at the teacher’s desk, I saw a stack of thick workbooks. They’d just been collected to submit to our homeroom Japanese teacher.
“They’re too heavy for me to carry alone, so I wanted to ask a guy for help! If you don’t mind, could you help me out?”
“Please!” Renka-san said, pressing her hands together in a pleading gesture.
If that’s the case, I can’t really refuse.
“Alright, I’ll help. These do look heavy.”
“Yay! That helps a ton!”
I usually don’t approach girls on my own. But if I’m asked directly, that’s a different story.
We immediately split the stack between the two of us and started heading toward the staff room.
But…
“Nn〜…! This really is heavy…!”
Renka-san struggled under the weight. Even half seemed a bit much for her.
“You okay? I can take another half. I’ve still got plenty of strength left.”
“Seriously!? You’re super nice! But… I kinda feel bad asking that much…”
Renka-san hesitated, unsure what to do. Just then, someone called her name.
“Renka-chaaan! We’ll help too!”
“Renka, you’re not good with heavy stuff, right?”
Seeing her struggle, Toa-san and Shiori-san came over.
“Thanks! Seriously, I appreciate it!”
As expected of such a close-knit group. The moment Renka was in trouble, the two rushed over. Their bond somehow made me happy.
…Huh? But doesn’t that make me kind of unnecessary here? If the girls are carrying the workbooks together, wouldn’t it be better if I stepped aside?
Still, it’s hard to just say, “Then I’ll leave it to you.” That’d come off as rude.
“I’ll carry Renka-chan’s share, so Shiori-chan, help Souma-kun with his!”
“Okay. Got it.”
Ah… before I could decide what to do, it was settled that the four of us would carry them together.
Well, whatever. As long as I don’t get in their way, I can just stay quiet.
“Um… Naruse-kun, can I take half?”
“Ah, yeah. Thanks.”
Come to think of it, this was my first time talking to Shiori-san. She looked stiff with nervousness, and maybe because she was shy, her cheeks were faintly red.
That bashful expression was so cute that it made me a little nervous too.
After that, we walked down the hallway toward the staff room.
“Yaー!, thanks, everyone! Especially Souma-kun, sorry for dragging you into this?”
“No, it’s nothing.”
“But Souma-kun, you’re strong! You looked totally fine carrying half at first! I can barely handle a quarter.”
“Any guy could carry this much. I’m not particularly strong.”
“Even so, from a girl’s perspective, that’s super reliable! Right, Shiorin?”
“Yeah. I wouldn’t be able to carry half either. Naruse-kun is… impressive.”
“Th-thanks.”
Being praised like this feels kind of ticklish.
And somehow, the conversation keeps centering on me.
They’re probably just being considerate. But they don’t have to, you know? I’d be happier if they just talked among themselves like usual.
“Um… Naruse-kun.”
“Hm?”
“While we’re at it, can I ask you something too…?”
“Something?”
I tilted my head at Shiori-san’s hesitant question.
“It’s for my job as class representative. There’s something I wanted to ask… about whether the boys have any problems at school.”
“Ah, I see.”
Our high school had only recently become co-ed starting from our year. Because of that, male students—who were the minority—sometimes voiced complaints about daily life. Like wanting more boys’ restrooms.
As class representative, Shiori was probably tasked by the teachers to look into things like that.
“Naruse-kun, is there anything you’ve been having trouble with?”
“Hmm. Not really.”
Rather than trouble, I’ve been enjoying myself quite a lot. Especially watching the three of them being all affectionate with each other.
“If anything, I’m more worried we might be causing trouble. Ever since the school went co-ed, girls probably have it harder in some ways too.”
If this were still an all-girls school, Shiori-san and the others wouldn’t have to worry about being disturbed by guys and could probably enjoy their flirting more peacefully.
“If there’s ever anything that bothers you because of us guys, I’m really sorry. If that happens, please tell me. I’ll do whatever I can to help.”
If it meant protecting the interactions of girls who got along so well, I’d gladly cooperate with anything.
When I said that, the girls widened their eyes.
“Souma-kun… you’re seriously really kind, huh?”
“Huh? Am I?”
“You are! I thought you’d at least have one complaint or request!”
“I also assumed boys might feel uncomfortable…”
“The fact that you apologized instead just proves how kind you are, Souma-kun.”
The three girls showered me with praise. Aren’t they complimenting me a bit too much?
“No, really, my days feel pretty fulfilling. I’m satisfied with this class as it is.”
“Seriously? That makes me happy! I mean, people do say I’m good at getting everyone hyped up, you know?”
“Renka. You’re not the one making things fun.”
“Ahaha. We don’t talk to boys much, after all〜.”
Well, it’s true I’ve been satisfied just watching their yuri.
But that last comment was a bit reassuring. It meant they usually kept their distance from guys.
“That’s true! It’s pretty rare for us to talk to boys!”
“Yeah! Souma-kun is the first one!”
“Naruse-kun might just be easy to talk to.”
“Th-thanks…”
I appreciate the sentiment, but I’d rather they keep getting along with each other like they always have.
…Or at least, that’s what I thought.
From that day on, Renka-san and the other two started talking to me more often.
※
“Souma-kun, heeey!”
“Whoa!?”
At the cafeteria.
As I stood in line at the ticket machine, Renka-san called out to me.
“Souma-kun, you’re eating at the cafeteria today too? What’re you getting? The daily set?”
“Ah… I haven’t decided yet…”
“The daily special here is really good, you know! Especially since today’s Friday, right? The yurinchi is seriously amazing! If you’ve never tried it, you should!”
With her high-energy, gyaru-like enthusiasm and rapid-fire chatter, she completely overwhelmed me.
Renka-san usually doesn’t go out of her way to talk to boys, though.
Maybe… she saw me alone at the cafeteria and was being considerate? Renka-san is kinder than I thought.
Even so, I’d rather she be talking with the other two instead of me.
“By the way, where are Shiori-san and Toa-san?”
I asked, hoping to see their precious flirting again today.
“Hm? Those two? Oh, they’re over there.”
She pointed at the ticket machine next to ours. Toa-san and Shiori-san were standing in line there.
It was Toa-san’s turn. She put some coins into the machine and tried to press one of the buttons near the top, but…
“Nn〜… nn〜…! I can’t reach…!”
Her fingers couldn’t reach because of her height, and she stretched herself up on her toes, trembling.
Standing on tiptoe and desperately reaching upward, Toa-san looked like a tiny animal.
“Uu〜… just a little more…!”
Even then, she couldn’t reach, and started hopping in place.
“Whoa, what’s that? So cute.”
Renka-san said that while filming her on her phone.
I get the feeling, but… shouldn’t we help her?
“Jeez… honestly. Toa.”
As if answering my thoughts,
Shiori-san, who had been standing behind her, pressed the button in her place.
“Ah, Shiori-chan!”
“At times like this, don’t push yourself. You can rely on me.”
“Ehehe… Shiori-chan, thank you!”
“H-hey… don’t get that close…”
Yeah. Truly precious.
The dependable Shiori-san helping the soft, fluffy Toa-san. And Toa-san’s cuteness gradually melting Shiori-san’s cool demeanor.
These two really are a great pair.
“Oooh. Shiorin, nice one. That was cool!”
“Renka, if you were watching, you should’ve helped sooner. Instead of filming.”
“But didn’t you want to keep watching? The way Toa-chin was stretching and trembling?”
“Well… I can’t deny that.”
“Geez! Stop teasing me, both of you〜!”
The two of them ganging up to tease Toa-san… adorable.
“Right? Souma-kun, you get it too, right? Toa-chin was way too cute just now!”
“Eh, me?”
Why did she suddenly toss the conversation my way?
“Well, yeah. She was cute.”
Lying would feel awkward, so I just said what I honestly thought.
Toa-san’s face turned red.
“Geez… even Souma-kun is being mean now…”
She puffed her cheeks and looked away, sulking.
That was way too cute.
I don’t see them as romantic interests… but at the very least, I understand why they're popular.
No, stop. Don’t think anything improper. They’re not interested in guys anyway.
I decided to focus on lunch for now. I ordered the beef stew omurice at the ticket machine and sat down at an empty table.
“Ah! Souma-kun, you got the beefuomu today! That one’s super delicious too!”
Renka-san sat down beside me.
Just like I thought, she seemed to be looking out for me since I was alone.
“Oh, sorry. Mind if I eat with you? Is it okay if I sit here?”
“Ah, yeah. That’s fine, but…”
If Renka-san came over, that meant the other girls would follow.
As expected, Shiori-san and Toa-san came and sat across from us.
What should I do… am I in the way? The two of them probably just want to eat with Renka-san. Someone like me doesn’t belong here──
“Naruse-kun, nice to see you.”
“Let’s eat together〜.”
“Ah, yeah… nice to see you too.”
Looks like I was just worrying for nothing. The other two didn’t look bothered at all—if anything, they smiled at me. It seemed Shiori-san and Toa-san were being considerate too.
If that’s the case, then I’ll gratefully join them.
Normally, I’d keep my distance from them on my own. But they’re being kind right now. If I forced myself away, it might just hurt them.
“Man, eating with a guy feels kinda fresh. Souma-kun, do you usually eat at the cafeteria?”
“Yeah. Sometimes I grab bread from the convenience store too. You guys eat here often too, right? Saotome-san?”
“Hey, calling me Saotome-san sounds so distant!”
Renka-san lightly smacked my shoulder.
“Just call me by my name! No need to hold back—feel free to call me Renka-sama!”
“Stop that, Renka. You sound like an idiot. And it makes me look like one too.”
“I’m not an idiot! But seriously, just use my name, okay? We didn’t interact much before, but you don’t have to be so stiff!”
“Ah, okay. Thanks.”
“By the way, I’m already good friends with Souma-kun!”
Toa-san raised her hand energetically.
“We talk sometimes through library work. Right〜♪”
She flashed a bright smile at me. It was dazzlingly cute.
“Eh, seriously? That’s so unfair! Only Toa-chin gets a head start!”
“So Toa, you know a lot about Naruse-kun?”
“Hmm, I wonder…? I know he likes reading〜.”
“Reading…?”
Shiori-san, who had been eating an egg sandwich, suddenly sharpened her gaze.
“I like reading too. What kind of books do you like, Naruse-kun? Do you have a favorite author?”
Shiori-san leaned forward.
“Um… lately I’ve been into Takahashi Yoshika-sensei. Especially 『Lost Sacrifice』—I thought it was a real masterpiece.”
“Really…? I like that one too!”
Shiori-san spoke with unusual excitement.
“That book was outstanding as a suspense story. I finished it in a single day.”
“I know, right! Same here! When it was revealed that everyone on his side was a traitor, I got chills.”
“Exactly! That scene was so good! I feel like we really get along, Naruse-kun.”
Shiori-san’s eyes shone in a way I didn’t usually see.
It seemed she didn’t get to talk about her hobbies much with the other two, and she looked genuinely happy.
“Hey, hey! Hold on, you two! Talk about something I can understand too!”
“Renka, you’re noisy. You don’t have to keep up.”
“Haa!? What was that!?”
“You don’t read books, do you? Your Japanese grades are always low.”
“I read books too! Like One〇ce and Jujutsu〇aisen!”
“…(Hmph.)”
“Hey! Don’t snort at me just because it’s manga!?”
Haha. Their little fights really are heartwarming. They call it arguing, but it’s basically just flirting. This kind of interaction is honestly healing.
“Whatever! Playing outside is way more fun than reading anyway! Oh, by the way—what are you two doing this weekend? Wanna go to that café again?”
“Ah! Sounds good〜! I wanna go, I wanna go〜!”
“I’m free too, for now.”
The three girls started talking about their weekend plans. From the sound of it, they usually hang out together on their days off. A typical girls’ outing, I guess.
Seeing my oshis getting along so well made me happy too.
“If you want, Souma-kun, how about you? Wanna hang out with us this weekend?”
“Huh? Me too…!?”
The unexpected suggestion made my shoulders twitch.
Why invite me to a girls’ outing? Even if they’re being considerate, that feels like overdoing it.
“Sounds great! You helped me with the duty work, so let us treat you as thanks!”
“No, that’s… it wasn’t anything worth being thanked for.”
“Of course it was〜. And that café we always go to has a really nice atmosphere. Everything on the menu is delicious!”
“I agree. I’d like to talk more about books with Naruse-kun.”
They all agreed without hesitation. Why am I being welcomed this much?
“Souma-kun, you subtly protected us before when that guy approached us, right? I want to thank you for that too〜.”
“Yep, yep! Having Souma-kun around makes us feel really reassured!”
Renka-san looked at me with sparkling eyes.
Reassured…? Could it be…!?
Her words made something click.
I see… this must be a plan to use me as a guy-repellent!
With girls as beautiful as them, it wouldn’t be strange if they got hit on in town. By bringing a guy like me along, they could lower that risk. And if someone did try to talk to them, I could step in like usual and block it.
If that’s the case, it makes sense why they’re welcoming me so much.
Helping them enjoy their flirting is something I’d gladly do. And if I get to tag along on their outing, I can watch their precious interactions up close!
Of course, I’ll have to be careful not to get in their way.
“Alright. I’ll join you then.”
“Seriously? Yay!”
At my answer, the girls cheered happily.
“Alright! It’s settled then! Souma-kun, tell me your L○NE!”
“Eh?”
She suddenly asked for my contact.
“We might need it on the day for meeting up!”
“Ah, true.”
It was a perfectly reasonable reason, but it was still my first time being asked for my contact by a girl.
Feeling a little nervous, I added Renka-san as a friend.
“Thanks, Souma-kun! And while we’re at it, could you give your contact to Toa-chin and Shiorin too?”
“Ah, yeah. Sure.”
When I said that, Toa-san’s eyes lit up.
“Really? Yay〜! Then let’s exchange〜!”
For some reason, Toa-san looked genuinely happy just to exchange contacts. It’s not like she’d actually need a guy’s contact.
She was probably just acting extra cheerful so I wouldn’t feel uncomfortable. She’s kind.
Meanwhile, Shiori-san’s shoulders twitched.
“Eh, um… I…”
She fidgeted, her gaze wandering nervously.
It seemed being friends with a boy was still a bit much for her. Honestly, that felt like the more natural reaction.
“Come on, Shiorin! No need to be shy! We’re just exchanging contacts!”
“B-but…”
Her face slowly turned red with embarrassment. She kept glancing at me, then quickly looking away.
“Sorry, Souma-kun. Shiori-chan’s just really shy〜. She wants friends, but she can never bring herself to talk to people first. Even when I first spoke to her, it took a while for her to open up—”
“H-hey, Toa! Don’t say that, it’s embarrassing!”
Oh wow… that’s precious too.
I like how Shiori-san gets playfully handled by the soft, gentle Toa-san. And Shiori-san’s flustered expression is unbelievably cute.
“Anyway, just exchange already! It’s just contact info.”
“O-okay… I understand…”
Shiori-san held out her QR code to me.
“N-Naruse-kun… Onegaishimasu…”
“Y-yeah…”
When she’s this shy, it makes me weirdly self-conscious too…
No, don’t get nervous. And I can’t fall for them—they like each other, after all. I’m satisfied just being healed by watching their flirting.
“Th-thank you… Naruse-kun. Ehehe…”
After we added each other, Shiori-san relaxed her cheeks into a soft smile. Maybe because her tension had eased? That sudden smile from someone who usually looked composed made her seem even cuter.
Anyway, with that, I’d exchanged contacts with all of them.
“Come to think of it, aren’t we Souma-kun’s first girl-friends?”
“Y-yeah… It’s also my first time properly talking with a boy.”
“Ehehe! It kind of makes your heart race a little, doesn’t it〜!”
With their smartphones in hand, Renka-san and the other two faced each other, chatting excitedly with cheerful squeals.
As expected, the three of them getting all lively together was just too precious. And on top of that, being able to watch their interactions from this close…
If I get to enjoy this kind of reward, then I’ll gladly keep working as their guy-repelling scarecrow anytime!
※
“Man, that was wild, Souma. You were insanely popular back there.”
Right after I stepped out of the cafeteria, Minoru called out to me in the hallway.
“Huh? Minoru, you were in the cafeteria?”
“Yeah. I was thinking of eating with you, but you were with those girls, right? So I just had ramen by myself.”
I see… I didn’t even notice. Now I feel kind of bad.
“But seriously, good for you, Souma. Those three totally like you. They were pushing hard, you know—really obvious about it.”
“Pushing? What are you talking about?”
Not understanding at all, I shot Minoru a puzzled look.
Minoru, in turn, gave me a “Huh?” kind of expression.
“No, I mean… I was watching from nearby, and they straight-up invited you on a date, didn’t they? You even exchanged contact info.”
“A date? No way… I’m not some guy who wedges himself between yuri. That was just part of being their guy-repellent. If they go out as a group, they might get hit on, so I’m just tagging along to help with that.”
“Wow, you’re dense… That’s actually painful to watch…”
Minoru stared at me with a seriously exasperated look.
“No matter how you look at it, all three of them have feelings for you! Right? You’ve been protecting them from persistent guys sometimes, so they probably started liking you because of that.”
“There’s no way. The ones they like are girls, okay? Renka-san, Shiori-san, Toa-san—they all like each other. There’s no room for a guy to get involved.”
“Souma… you seriously believe that?”
“Of course I do.”
If you watch them normally, it’s obvious. Their overly intense physical closeness, the bright smiles they direct at each other… anyone would think they’re into each other.
“Still, it’s exciting, isn’t it? Wondering who’ll end up with who in the end. Personally, I wouldn’t mind a harem ending where all three become a couple together. But if we’re talking classic, maybe the childhood-friend pairing of Renka-san and Shiori-san is the most likely.”
“Yeah, okay, I’ve heard enough. I’m starting to get a headache.”
Minoru frowned, looking genuinely unwell—how rude.
“Well, you’ll come to your senses during that weekend date. They’re definitely going to be all lovey-dovey with you, Souma.”
“Not happening. They’re not like that.”
Seriously, he’s way off the mark.
…Still, I kind of wish I had a friend I could share my hobbies with.
※
Just as they had invited me, I ended up going out with them over the weekend.
I arrived at the plaza in front of the designated station 15 minutes before our meeting time.
Not long after, the three of them showed up as well.
“Geez~ Renka-chan, you can’t cling that much~”
“Haa!? It’s the other way around. Toa-chin was the one sticking to me~”
Wearing a lolita-like outfit—a white inner top paired with a pink jumper skirt—Toa-san was playfully messing around with Renka-san, who was dressed in a bright light-blue hoodie and a mini skirt.
And the one who stepped in between them was…
“You two… you’re way too close.”
Shiori-san, dressed in a modest blouse and a frilled midi skirt.
“Renka, your sense of distance has been weird for a while now. We’re outside, and Toa looks troubled.”
“Ehh! She’s not troubled at all~! Then I’ll just cling to Shiorin instead!”
“Wha—!? Idiot, Renka! That’s not okay either!”
“Ahh~! That’s not fair~! You two are flirting all by yourselves~!”
Ahhh…! They’re so precious again today!
Seeing the three of them flirting around in their casual clothes felt fresh and adorable compared to at school.
So I get to watch them like this all day… Suddenly, I feel completely fired up.
Today, I’ll devote myself fully to being their guy-repellent while enjoying some yuri appreciation!
“Ah! Souma-kun, you’re already here!”
The three of them noticed me and came running over.
“Souma-kun, you’re early. It’s still more than 10 minutes before the meeting time.”
“Sorry. Did we make you wait?”
“Nah, I just got here too. So, we’re heading to a nearby café, right?”
“Yup yup! Let’s head out right away!”
Surrounded by three of them, I started walking toward our destination.
“The place we’re going today is our regular café. We always go together at least once a month!”
“Haha. You three really are close.”
Seeing how well they got along even outside school made my heart feel like it was bouncing with excitement.
“You can look forward to it too, Souma-kun! The meals are tasty, but the real recommendation is the sweets! They’re huge and absolutely top-tier!”
“We honestly want to go there more often too~! I’d go like five times a week if I could~”
“You’d gain weight if you went that often, Toa.”
“Ahh~! Shiori-chan, that’s forbidden~. When eating out, you’re not supposed to think about gaining weight, okay?”
“S-sorry… But I do understand wanting to go often. The pasta tastes different from what you make yourself.”
Shiori-san can cook, huh. That’s seriously impressive.
“Eh~? But Shiorin’s cooking is great too. Remember when I went to your place to play games? You made beef stew for dinner. I wanna go eat that again~”
“…What?”
So Shiori-san and Renka-san play games together at home on their days off.
That basically means home dates, right? And since dinner was involved, there’s even a chance it turned into a sleepover. Maybe they even bathe together, splashing hot water at each other and laughing…!
『Take this, Shiorin! Splash splash splashー!』
『Kyaa! Geez… Renka, you idiot. Take this!』
『W-wait, ahaha! The shower’s cheating──』
Like a scene straight out of youthful memories at the beach, the two of them laughing and splashing each other while naked… my imagination started running wild.
No, wait. It’s not good to have indecent fantasies. That’s rude to them.
“Souma-kun…? What’s wrong? Something happen?”
“Ah, sorry. It’s nothing.”
“Really? By the way, Souma-kun, your casual outfit is super cute! Where do you usually buy your clothes?”
“Ah~! I was curious about that too~. Souma-kun, you’re actually pretty stylish, you know~”
“Nah… I just buy cheap clothes at random stores…”
I never expected to be complimented on my clothes.
It’s probably just their way of being considerate. Even if they only brought me along as a guy-repellent, they’re trying to make sure I can enjoy myself too by keeping the conversation going.
“Seriously? Isn’t that kind of amazing then? That means you can make even regular store stuff look stylish, right?”
“People who are truly fashionable are good at finding great pieces among cheap items!”
“Naruse-kun, that’s impressive. Not many people can do that.”
They were praising me nonstop. This must be what they call killing someone with compliments. Honestly, it’s a little embarrassing.
And I appreciate them being considerate, but… more than that, I want them to flirt with each other. I’m happier watching girls interact with each other than interacting with me.
Maybe it’s harder for them to act all lovey-dovey because I’m here. That would defeat the whole purpose.
In that case, I’ll just have to guide things myself—make it easier for them to interact.
“Souma-kun. Turn right at this corner.”
“Ah, got it.”
A perfect opportunity already.
I turned right at the corner as Renka-san instructed.
At the same time, I subtly changed my position—slipping out of their circle and moving to the very edge.
I took the outermost spot… in other words, the side closest to the road. That naturally made the three girls line up next to each other instead of surrounding me. This way, it should be easier for them to talk among themselves.
And then, I made another move.
“Renka-san, sorry. Mind if I carry that for you?”
“Huh? My bag? Why?”
Renka-san blinked at my sudden offer.
“I’ve gotten into strength training lately. So I’m trying to work out whenever I can.”
“No, but I’d feel bad! My bag’s actually pretty heavy. I’ve got a lot of stuff in it.”
“All the more reason—it’ll be good training. If you don’t mind, let me carry it.”
“B-but…”
Renka-san hesitated for a moment, probably feeling guilty. But eventually, she smiled shyly.
“Then… I’ll take you up on that.”
“Leave it to me. I’ll carry it responsibly.”
I took Renka-san’s bag—and quietly curled the corner of my lips into a grin.
Toa-san had a pouch, and Shiori-san was carrying a backpack. That meant all three of their hands were free now. Plus, they were already walking side by side.
In this situation, they should be able to chat freely—and even hold hands if they wanted!
Alright, everyone. Don’t worry about me. Go ahead and flirt to your hearts’ content, just the three of you.
I’ll walk at the edge and quietly enjoy the view!
※
While Souma was getting fired up on his own, the girls were whispering among themselves.
(Hey, hey! Toa-chin, Shiorin! Did you see that just now!?)
(Yeah! Souma-kun was such a gentleman! He noticed Renka-chan’s bag was heavy and offered to carry it for her!)
(And he casually moved to the side closer to the road… Does that mean he was being considerate so we’d be safer…?)
(Definitely! Otherwise there’d be no reason to change positions like that!)
(Ugh, this might be bad for me…! When he took my bag, my heart started pounding like crazy…)
(Renka, your face is red. You look like you have a fever.)
(It’s just that… it was my first time! Being treated like… a 『Joshi (girl)』 like that…)
(He looked really used to escorting someone, didn’t he~? Souma-kun really is kind!)
(He really gives off that gentleman vibe… Honestly, my heart was racing too.)
(Ahh geez! Souma-kun is seriously cool, isn’t he!? His personality is way too handsome!?)
(Not just his personality… I think his face is pretty cool too. He’s the quiet type, so he doesn’t stand out much, but.)
(I get that~. Souma-kun is definitely the type who’d be popular, right~?)
(Yeah. I thought it before too, but… he probably already has a girlfriend.)
(Seriously!? Souma-kun actually has a girlfriend!?)
(Well, that’s just my guess… But if you’re curious, why not ask him?)
(I can’t ask that! That’s embarrassing! Hey, Toa-chin! Can you ask for me?)
(M-me!? No way~. I’d be too embarrassed too…)
(Then what about Shiorin!? You seem like you could ask something like that, right!?)
(Absolutely not. First of all, that’d be rude to ask.)
(But you were the one who suggested it!)
(Ah! But if he did have a girlfriend, wouldn’t he not go out with us like today?)
(True…! Which means he might actually be single.)
(Yes! That means I win! Woohoo—!)
(You’re getting way too excited, Renka-chan.)
(Renka… have you really fallen for Naruse-kun?)
(N-no, it’s not like that…! But honestly, you do think he’s cool, right? There aren’t any other guys like him. Of course it makes you curious, doesn’t it?)
(Yeah, I get that~. You wouldn’t want someone else to take him, right!)
(Well… I can’t say I don’t understand how you feel.)
(Right!? Souma-kun really is great. We have to make sure he enjoys today as much as possible!)
(If we get closer, we’ll be able to spend more time together from now on too!)
(Exactly! Alright, let’s do our best—!)
※
After walking with the girls for about 10 minutes, we finally arrived at our destination—the café 『Mercury』.
The exterior was stylish, built with brick like a shop you’d see overseas. Inside, the space opened up into a high ceiling, giving it an airy, comfortable atmosphere. I could totally see why they were regulars here.
“Yeah… just from looking at it, it seems like a great place. I’ve never been to such a stylish café before.”
“Ehehe. I’m glad you like it~”
“Naruse-kun. Come sit over here. I reserved a good spot.”
The seat Shiori-san and the other two led me to was by the window, where gentle sunlight streamed in. It was a lovely place with a full view of the flower garden outside.
“Oooh… nice. The Easter lilies are blooming beautifully.”
“Souma-kun, you know about flowers? That’s amazing!”
“Yeah. I like lilies.”
While chatting, we took seats at a table for four. To my side sat Toa-san, across from me was Renka-san, and diagonally across was Shiori-san.
So the two childhood friends ended up sitting next to each other after all. Actually, it felt like Shiori-san naturally chose the seat beside Renka-san just now.
“Huh…? Shiorin, did you change your shampoo? It smells different from usual.”
“Don’t go around guessing every little thing. That’s creepy.”
Trading light banter, the two sat so close their shoulders nearly touched. Their closeness was obvious. I mean, she could even tell what shampoo the other was using.
Up until now, they’d just been whispering among themselves, and I hadn’t seen any real yuri interaction, which was a bit disappointing… but it looked like they were about to make up for it.
“Hey, Souma-kun. I know this is sudden, but… thanks for everything. For always being kind to us.”
Renka-san suddenly spoke with a serious expression.
“You protect us from the guys, help out with class duty and stuff… seriously, you help us out all the time!”
“And I heard from Toa the other day. When Renka and I had a fight, you helped mediate between us. Thank you…”
Seriously… so they found out about that.
“Thank you from me too! I was really happy when you took over my turn that time!”
Toa-san chimed in as well.
“It’s really nothing. I only did it because I wanted to.”
“Even so! It’s true that you’ve helped us a lot. So today, this is our way of saying thanks—we’re treating you!”
“No, you don’t have to go that far—”
“It’s fine, it’s fine! We planned this from the start!”
The three girls smiled warmly at me, full of gratitude.
Man… I feel a little guilty. I only helped because I genuinely enjoy watching the three of them being all lovey-dovey.
“Alright then. Souma-kun, what do you want to eat? Don’t hold back when ordering~”
Unaware of my inner thoughts, Toa-san held out the menu to me.
It felt a bit awkward being treated by girls… but even if I hesitated, they’d probably outvote me anyway.
Feeling apologetic, I looked over the menu.
“Oh… these really do look good.”
It seemed their specialty was sweets made with seasonal fruits. And the portions looked pretty generous.
After thinking for a bit, I decided on a cake set—peach tart made with seasonal fruit, paired with blended coffee.
After that, the girls each chose their orders too. Toa-san went with melon cake and a cream soda, Renka-san picked a cherry tart and cappuccino, and Shiori-san ordered a chocolate banana tart with iced cocoa.
About ten minutes after placing our orders with the staff…
Everyone’s cakes arrived.
“Thank you for waiting. Peach tart and blended coffee.”
“Whoa…!?”
The moment I saw the cake brought to the table, I couldn’t help letting out a surprised voice.
The tart was piled high with peaches—so much it looked like they might spill over. Since there wasn’t a photo on the menu, the first impression hit even harder.
“This is amazing…! I didn’t know a tart could be this luxurious.”
“Right~? The sweets here are seriously incredible~”
For some reason, Toa-san said that with a proud grin. The melon cake she ordered was also loaded with chunks of melon, making it look just as impressive.
Seeing that, Renka-san’s eyes sparkled.
“Ah, Toa-chin’s looks super good! That melon cake is way too fancy!”
“Yep! They only make thirty servings a day!”
“Seriously!? Now I’m really curious how it tastes!”
“Ah, wanna try? Here, say ahーn♪”
“Ahーn♪”
Toa-san held out a bite of melon cake toward Renka-san.
“Eh…!?”
I widened my eyes in surprise.
So naturally, like it was the most normal thing in the world, Toa-san just fed Renka-san a bite 『Ahーn』…!
And Renka-san accepted it without hesitation, opening her mouth and taking the cake. She stuffed it in happily.
“Mmm~! So good…! What is this melon? It’s super sweet!”
“Really? I’m glad~”
“Then try my tart too~. Toa-chin, you like cherries, right?”
“Yeah, I love them~! Itadakima〜su♪”
This time, Renka-san returned the favor, feeding Toa-san a bite with an “ahーn.” Toa-san opened her mouth cutely and bit into the cherry tart.
“Mmm~♪ So yummy~♪ I’m so happy~♪”
“Ugh…!”
The sheer cuteness made me clutch my chest.
What is this…! S-so precious…! They’re feeding each other cake! At this point, they’ve got to be dating, right!?
As I got carried away with my own excitement…
Something even more shocking happened.
“Ah, right. Shiorin, wanna try my tart too? Let’s trade bites.”
“Mm…”
At Renka-san’s invitation, Shiori-san quietly opened her small mouth in response instead of answering.
Like a baby bird waiting to be fed—adorably expectant.
“…!”
That cool, sharp-tongued Shiori-san… opened her mouth on her own for an “ahーn.” Not a cold “I don’t need it” or “I’ll eat it myself.” She leaned closer to Renka-san instead.
S-she melted…! Shiori-san actually melted…!
“T-too precious…”
I muttered under my breath, unable to hold back. Why is it that when a cool girl softens like this, it’s so unbelievably cute?
But the fact that she accepted an 『ahh』 so naturally meant they must do this kind of thing all the time. This was the true preciousness of childhood-friend yuri.
Seriously, they’re way too cute! These girls are ridiculously close!
“Here you go. How is it? Good?”
“Mm… it’s good.”
Receiving the tart from Renka-san, Shiori-san chewed slowly like a squirrel.
Whether it was the taste of the tart or being fed like that, her expression softened.
“Then… Renka, you eat some too. My chocolate banana.”
“Okay! Ah-n♪”
And just like that, Shiori-san fed Renka-san in return.
The fact that feeding each other like this had become so natural between them really showed how precious their bond was. Honestly, they might as well just date all three together.
Ahh, today really is the best. I never imagined I’d get to watch such precious interactions from this close.
This must be a reward from God for protecting yuri all this time.
Thank you, God, for giving me a day like today—
“Here, Souma-kun too. Say Ah-n♪”
“Eh…?”
Toa-san held out a bite of cake on her fork toward me.
Caught off guard, I froze with a blank stare.
“If you’d like, Souma-kun, have a bite too! The melon cake is really good!”
“M-me…?”
“Yep!”
Toa-san nodded with an innocent smile. Huh? She’s serious? Why…?
Ah, I see! By feeding me, she’s probably trying to make the other two jealous!
She’ll make it look like she’s being all close with me, then draw out even more lovey-dovey reactions from Shiori-san and Renka-san… There’s no other reason she’d do an 'ahーn' with someone who isn’t a girl.
What a high-level move! As expected of my oshi—she’s practically a professional at romance!
“Toa, isn’t that a bit bold? Usually you wouldn’t do an 『ahーn』 with a guy…”
“Eh~? Really? If we’re friends, sharing cake like this is normal, isn’t it?”
“Well… that’s true, but…”
Even at Shiori-san’s remark, Toa-san didn’t waver at all and kept pushing forward with her plan.
Then she smiled brightly at me.
“Come on, hurry and say ahーn?”
“Uh, um…”
Honestly, being fed like this was embarrassing.
But if it helps yuri, then I have to do it. For the sake of their lovey-dovey moments, I’ll gladly offer myself up!
“O-okay. Just one bite then.”
“Okay! Then, ah〜n♪”
“A-ahーn…”
I opened my mouth and took the cake from her fork.
The juicy sweetness of the melon blended perfectly with the fluffy sponge—it was an elegant, delicious cake.
But more than the taste, what overwhelmed me was the embarrassment of being fed.
What is this… being on the receiving end is insanely embarrassing… I could feel my face turning red all the way to my ears.
I’m used to watching girls being lovey-dovey, but I’ve never actually interacted with one like this myself. Maybe that’s why my heart was pounding so hard.
Seeing me like that, Toa-san smiled gently.
“Fufu. Souma-kun, you’re blushing~ So cute~♪”
A cute girl just called me cute…! Ugh, this is seriously embarrassing…!
“S-sorry… please don’t tease me…”
“Ah, sorry? But you really are cute. It’s just an 『ahーn』, you don’t have to get that embarrassed~”
No, this is absolutely something to be embarrassed about. Even if it’s for the sake of yuri, actually experiencing it makes my heart feel like it’s going to explode.
If possible, I’d like to avoid being on the receiving end of an 'ahーn' from now on.
“Souma-kun! I’ll give you some of mine too!”
The moment I thought that, Renka-san launched her attack.
“This tart is super delicious! Consider it part of my thanks—here, have a bite!”
Renka-san…! So she’s countering Toa-san with the same strategy.
She’s trying to make Toa-san jealous and trigger even more lovey-dovey reactions from her… This is the romantic mind game of yuri…!
“Don’t hold back! Go ahead and eat!”
She held out a cherry tart toward me. This is bad. Since I already ate Toa-san’s cake, I can’t exactly refuse Renka-san now.
To begin with, my role right now is to be used for the sake of yuri. I don’t have the right to refuse.
Urged on by her smile, I opened my mouth again. And while being tormented by embarrassment, I chewed the tart.
“How is it? How is it? Good?”
“Y-yeah… it’s delicious.”
I nodded slightly, my face burning. It felt like I was being fed, and the sensation made my whole body feel restless.
Still, it seemed the embarrassment was worth it.
“Ahaha! Souma-kun eating while all flustered is definitely cute~!”
“Right~? It makes me want to keep feeding him more!”
The two of them chatted excitedly through the whole 'ahーn' process directed at me. It wasn’t quite what I expected, but it seemed to have given them another chance to get all lovey-dovey.
The two of them laughing and smiling together… adorable. I’m glad I could be a proper stepping stone.
But at the same time…
“……。………… ”
Shiori-san wasn’t joining the conversation. She fidgeted by herself, glancing enviously at the other two girls before sneaking a look at me.
Was that… an SOS directed at me?
She was probably feeling frustrated seeing the two people she liked getting excited without her.
But she couldn’t bring herself to jump into the conversation, so it felt like she was silently asking, “What should I do…?” As someone who supports yuri, I needed to help bring her back into the flow.
Just as I thought that, Toa-san spoke up.
“Then, Shiori-chan, you’re up last~!”
“Eh!? M-me too…!?”
Nice one, Toa-san! She pulled Shiori-san—who’d been left out—back into the conversation using an 'ahーn' for me as an excuse!
“I-I’m fine… really. Naruse-kun would probably be troubled too…”
“Nope~. Shiori-chan has to properly say thanks too~”
“Yeah, yeah. Thanks to Souma-kun, we managed to make up after all.”
“That’s true, but…”
“Then you’ve gotta thank him properly, right? Go on, let him try your delicious cake.”
“Uu… f-fine…!”
Persuaded by the two of them, Shiori-san finally nodded. She pierced her chocolate banana tart with a fork.
It looked like she’d steeled herself to join in.
“Naruse-kun… h-here. Say ahーn…?”
She brought the fork closer to my mouth. Her face was even redder than when she’d fed Renka-san earlier. Maybe out of embarrassment, she avoided eye contact, and the hand holding the fork trembled slightly.
“Guh…!”
That shy expression was unbelievably cute. And I was just as painfully embarrassed.
But this was also to bring Shiori-san back into the yuri conversation circle. I couldn’t run away. I braced myself, opened my mouth for the third time, and accepted the chocolate banana.
“…………”
For some reason, everything in my mouth tasted incredibly sweet. Not just because of the chocolate banana—interacting with girls like this was giving me emotional heartburn.
And it seemed I wasn’t the only one.
Normally reserved, Shiori-san also turned her face away from me shyly.
“Ahaha! Shiorin’s face is bright red too!”
“You’re getting way too embarrassed over just an 『ah〜n』~”
Renka-san and Toa-san teased her affectionately.
So they made her do an 'ahーn' with me just to see that expression. As expected, the two of them really understood Shiori-san’s charm.
“Shiorin’s flustered face is so cute. She’s seriously so innocent.”
“Anyone would be embarrassed, okay…! It’s basically an indirect kiss with Naruse-kun…”
“Eh? Indirect kiss?”
“Because I’ll be eating my cake with the same fork I just used to feed Naruse-kun…”
At Shiori-san’s words, Renka-san and Toa-san froze for a moment.
It seemed neither of them had thought about it—that they’d be using the same fork I’d just put my mouth on.
“N-no, it’s not a big deal or anything—?”
“R-right. An indirect kiss isn’t something to make a fuss over~”
The two laughed it off like it was nothing.
But after that, when everyone started eating their cakes…
『…………』
They all fell strangely quiet, their faces faintly flushed.
“Um… sorry. If you don’t like it, we can ask for new forks…”
『It’s fine! It’s not like we dislike it or anything!』
Even when I tried to offer them a way out, all three of them answered at once—probably so they wouldn’t hurt my feelings.
Even with someone they don’t like in that way, they still showed this much consideration. They really are kind girls.
※
After finishing our meal at the café.
“Alriiiight! Let’s gooo──!!”
With that one shout from Renka-san, the girls’ date continued.
Apparently, the three of them usually hang out together after eating at a café. As for me, I was more than happy to keep acting as their guy-repellent and watch their interactions.
“So, where are we going today?”
“We haven’t decided yet, but don’t you want to move around a bit? We gotta burn off those cake calories!”
“Ahaha. The cakes there were pretty big, after all~”
The three girls discussed where they could go to get some exercise.
As I listened, an idea suddenly flashed through my mind.
“In that case, how about 『Ensupo』?”
Ensupo—short for Enter Sports—was a large amusement facility nearby. It had everything from sports like batting and tennis to bowling, arcades, karaoke, and billiards.
“You can move your body there, and there are plenty of things to do.”
“Ensupo sounds great~! That totally matches how I’m feeling right now~”
“I agree. I think there’s a shuttle bus from the station too.”
Guided by Shiori-san, we headed to the bus stop. A bus arrived at just the right time, and we reached Ensupo not long after.
And with that, we started playing right away.
The first thing we chose was table tennis.
“Okaaay! Here I go, Shiori-chaaaan!”
“Y-yeah. Anytime…!”
Facing each other on the neighboring court, Shiori-san and Toa-san began their match. Toa-san tossed the ball up and sent a weak serve.
“Eei! My ultimate seeerve! Toh!”
“W-wah… wah… ei!”
“Kyaa! You returned it! Here goes!”
“Ah, Toa, wait a sec… kyaaa!”
Ah. Cute.
The way the two of them gently rallied back and forth felt so relaxed and precious.
I’d suggested table tennis thinking it was something boys and girls could enjoy equally. It seemed I’d made a good call.
“Next serve, Shiori-chan! Eei!”
“Eh… eh… kyaaa! Sorry, Toa… I can’t…”
“Ahaha~. Keeping the rally going is hard, huh.”
“I’m really sorry… I’m not good at sports…”
“It’s okay~. I’m barely managing myself. Let’s just take it slow and keep the rally going together!”
“O-okay…! I’ll try my best!”
Ahh… this is precious. The two of them trying so hard to keep the rally going together—too cute. It really felt like a joint effort between them.
This alone made suggesting Ensupo worth it. Here, I could probably witness yuri moments I wouldn’t normally get to see.
“Heeey, Souma-kun! What are you spacing out for!?”
A voice suddenly called out from the opposite side of the court.
My opponent, Renka-san, stood there holding her racket.
“Sorry! I just zoned out for a bit.”
“Geez. You okay playing a match like that?”
Not good. Now wasn’t the time to be staring at the other two. If I watched too much and my hobby got exposed, I might end up getting distanced from everyone. And it would be rude to Renka-san too.
For now, I should focus on table tennis with her.
“Hey, Souma-kun. Since we’re doing this, wanna make it a match?”
“A match?”
“Yeah! First to eleven points—the loser buys a drink! How about it?”
“Sure, but… I don’t think I’ll lose. I used to play here a lot with my friends back in middle school.”
“It’s fine! That’ll make it more exciting!”
Renka-san flashed a grin and gave a peace sign. She was right—there’d be more tension than just casually rallying.
“Alright. I’m in.”
“Yesss! Then I’ll go first!”
Renka-san immediately served.
It was faster and more accurate than I expected. The ball struck right at the edge of the court.
But that alone wouldn’t beat me.
“Yah!”
I returned it with ease, smashing a low stroke into her side of the court.
“Kyaa!?”
She couldn’t reach it. The ball dropped straight to the floor.
“No waaay! Seriously!? Souma-kun, you’re strong! That shot was crazy fast!”
“It’s nothing. Anyone can do that once they get used to it.”
“No, no, that was seriously amazing!”
Her eyes sparkled as she made a big fuss. Being praised didn’t feel bad at all.
“Alright! I won’t lose next time!”
Renka-san served again. From there, we launched into an intense rally.
And as the match heated up, Renka-san chattered excitedly.
“Whoa, Souma-kun’s shots are brutal! From now on, smashes are banned!”
“Eh, why!?”
“Ahaha! Just because! It’s a forbidden card!”
“Ah! It hit the net! Self-sabotage, nooo! Should we just remove the net at this point?”
“No, that’d ruin table tennis.”
“True! Alright, switching gears!”
“Yes! That went in! Wasn’t that amazing!? Smash—bam! I’m the strongest!”
“Yeah, I couldn’t return that one.”
“Right!? Am I basically a pro!? If I get scouted, let’s form a doubles team!”
Renka-san got completely absorbed, noisily cheerful in the most carefree way. Even aside from yuri, she was simply charming as a person.
But a match is a match. I didn’t hold back, and in the end, I sealed it with a powerful serve.
“That makes it eleven to six… my win.”
“Whoa, seriously…! Souma-kun, you’re really strong! That was amazing!”
Even in defeat, she praised me with a smile. It really showed her good nature.
Still, she clearly wasn’t satisfied.
“Then let’s play again! Souma-kun!”
“Eh, another match?”
“Of course! I’ll buy the drink later, but still!”
It seemed she had no intention of stopping until she won.
“Please? Stay with me?”
She clasped her hands together and gave a wink. She was more competitive than I expected.
“Alright. First to eleven again.”
“Thanks! This time I’m going all out!”
This time, I served first. We exchanged shot after shot, both giving it our all.
And after a while…
“Yaaayyyy───! I wiiiin───!”
On her 5th attempt, Renka-san finally claimed victory. The score this time was eleven to nine—a hard-fought win.
“Haha… congrats. You were strong.”
I congratulated her in a breathless voice as she jumped around in excitement.
After so many consecutive matches, I was exhausted. I leaned back heavily onto the bench behind me to rest.
Renka-san came over and stood beside me.
“Souma-kun, are you okay? Feeling sick?”
“I’m fine. Just a little tired.”
“Ah… sorry! It’s because I kept making you play again and again…”
Maybe now that she’d won, she’d calmed down—Renka-san looked regretful.
“No, it’s really fine. I’ll recover after a short rest.”
“Still… 5 matches in a row must’ve been tiring…”
Her shoulders drooped.
“I’ve always had this habit… getting worked up over small things… I hate that about myself, but I can’t really control it…”
“Renka-san…”
It was rare to see her this down. She seemed genuinely troubled.
But—
“I don’t think you need to change.”
I said it firmly to her as she looked down.
“You’re fine just the way you are. In fact, you’re better like this.”
“Eh…? Why?”
“Because getting serious so quickly and being competitive means you’re giving your all to what’s right in front of you, right? Being able to pour your passion straight into something—that’s a wonderful quality.”
Even traits that seem like flaws can hide strengths. In her case, that was probably true.
“I think your honesty and straightforwardness are really charming.”
“C-charming!?”
Yes. Very charming.
Because that quality would surely be important in yuri too.
For example, Renka-san might honestly convey her feelings to Shiori-san. And in response, the shy Shiori-san might gather her courage and confess back. Renka-san’s charm would open up Shiori-san’s heart.
That scene would definitely be precious.
“So you don’t need to force yourself to change. I actually want you to stay just the way you are! I want to keep seeing the Renka-san you are now!”
“…!”
“Besides… there are people around you who understand that charm.”
“You mean…”
Renka-san looked up at me.
I nodded confidently.
“Even if you get worked up over small things, they’ll (Shiori-san and Toa-san) accept all of it.”
Both Shiori-san and Toa-san stay by her side knowing exactly what she’s like. And I’m sure they see her straightforwardness as a strength.
You could tell just by watching them normally.
“You’re fine as you are. I’m sure they (Shiori-san and Toa-san) like that side of you too.”
“Souma-kun…!”
Renka-san’s cheeks flushed rose-red.
“Thank you…! That makes me really happy… even the parts I don’t like about myself… knowing you (Souma-kun) like them…”
“Of course. They’ve (Shiori-san and Toa-san) always felt that way.”
“〜〜っ!”
She was so happy she couldn’t even get her words out. It seemed she didn’t realize just how much she was liked.
But I was relieved. My feelings must have gotten through—there was no more gloom in her expression.
“You two~! Good work~!”
Toa-san and Shiori-san came over to our court.
“You two played a lot, huh~. We figured you’d be tired, so Shiori-chan and I bought some drinks.”
“Renka, cola’s fine for you, right? Here.”
“Y-yeah… thank you…”
Renka-san replied in a small voice as she accepted the bottle from Shiori-san. She fidgeted shyly.
She was probably more conscious of Shiori-san now after our conversation earlier. Sensing that some good yuri might unfold, I quietly felt pleased on my own.
※
After finishing table tennis, we decided to do some roller skating next.
We rented shoes and started skating at the indoor rink.
“Ahaha! It’s been so long since I last roller skated~!”
“Same here! Wow, this feeling is so nostalgic!”
Renka-san seemed to have pretty good athletic ability, and Toa-san was apparently good at skating too. After getting used to it for a bit, both of them were gliding along smoothly.
I watched the two of them while skating at a relaxed pace myself.
“Toa-chin, you okay? Not gonna fall? Want me to hold your hand?”
“I’m fine. You know, when I was little, I used to wear skating shoes all the time~”
“Eh, seriously? I kinda wanted to hold hands and flirt though.”
“Geez~ Renka-chan, you’re so naughty~”
“That’s not true~ Come on, it’s fine, it’s fine~”
“Kyaa~! Pervert~! Ahahahaha!”
Renka-san tried to tickle her, and Toa-san ran from her mischievous hands.
Ahh… this is healing. The two of them are clearly close, laughing and playing around so cheerfully. Watching girls flirt this openly is what taught me the preciousness of yuri in the first place.
Well, of course, I also like a bickering couple like Renka-san × Shiori-san.
Then, at that moment, I suddenly noticed something. Shiori-san was nowhere to be seen.
“Ah! Shiori-chan, are you okay!?”
Toa-san called out worriedly.
Looking over, I saw Shiori-san wearing skates, clinging to the railing and trembling.
“Shiori-chan, is this your first time skating? Are you okay?”
“I-I’m fine… I’m really fine…!”
Even as she said that, her legs were shaking badly.
No, she definitely wasn’t fine… She looked like she might fall. Someone should support her…
Thinking that, I moved closer to her.
And in the next instant, my worry became reality.
“Kya!?”
Her hand slipped from the railing, and she lost her balance.
“Crap!”
I quickly skated toward her. Thankfully, I managed to support her before she fell on her backside. I ended up holding her from behind.
“Phew… that was close.”
“N-Naruse-kun!? I’m sorry… I couldn’t stand properly…”
“It's fine. I’m just glad you’re not hurt.”
I let out a relieved breath. But the moment I relaxed, my attention shifted to another problem.
The soft sensation in my palms.
My right hand was on her chest, and my left was on her stomach.
Oh no… I seriously messed up…!
Even if it was to support her, I was touching places I absolutely shouldn’t. The uniquely soft, almost bewitching sensation of a woman. On top of that, the sweet scent drifting from her hair made my thoughts go wild.
This is bad. I need to let go—now.
“Um… could you hold onto something?”
“Y-yeah…”
She must have noticed where my hands were. With an awkward expression, she grabbed the railing. The moment I confirmed that, I quickly let go.
“Um… sorry. I didn’t mean to…”
“I-I know… It’s fine, so… please don’t mention it…”
Though embarrassed, Shiori-san spoke in a gentle voice.
At least she didn’t seem angry. Thank goodness… I need to be more careful from now on. As a guy, touching a girl’s body like that is unacceptable.
“Hey, Shiorin!? Are you okay!?”
Renka-san and Toa-san hurried over, worried.
“Yeah, I’m fine… But I might not be suited for roller skating.”
“Ah… yeah, you didn’t look like you could stand very well.”
From what I saw earlier, even if she practiced, it would probably take quite a while.
“I don’t want to cause trouble, so I’ll just watch from outside. You all go ahead and skate.”
“Eh… but won’t you get bored, Shiori-chan…?”
“It’s fine. I was already tired from table tennis anyway, so I’d rather rest a bit.”
Saying that, Shiori-san took off her shoes and stepped out of the rink.
But that meant she’d be all alone. Noticing that, Toa-san and Renka-san exchanged glances.
Seeing that, I spoke up.
“Then I’ll take a break too.”
I took off my shoes and followed after Shiori-san.
“You two keep skating. I’ll chat with Shiori-san.”
“Eh? Wait, Naruse-kun.”
Shiori-san tugged at the hem of my clothes.
“You don’t have to worry about me. I’m fine being alone…”
“Actually, I’m not very good at roller skating either. So let me rest with you.”
“R-Really…? You’re not just being considerate of me…?”
“Yeah. I’m tired from table tennis too.”
I answered smoothly, and she reluctantly nodded. “If that’s the case…”
Renka-san and Toa-san also seemed reassured, thinking, “If Souma-kun is with her, she’ll be fine,” and resumed skating.
We sat on a nearby bench and watched them while resting.
Alright… Now I can leisurely watch Renka-san and Toa-san’s flirty duo. When skating, you end up focusing on moving. Using 『for Shiori-san’s sake』 as an excuse, I’m glad I got to spectate too. Of course, I do care about her as well.
“Thanks, Shiori-san. Thanks to you, I get to enjoy this.”
“Eh? What do you mean…?”
“Ah, nothing. Don’t worry about it.”
The words slipped out without thinking. Did she think I was weird?
Worried, I looked at Shiori-san, and she was fidgeting with her fingers while looking down.
“…Um, Naruse-kun. I should be the one thanking you. Earlier… you saved me…”
“You’re welcome. But you don’t need to worry about it. I ended up touching somewhere I shouldn’t too…”
“T-that…! I’d rather you forget it…”
Her face turned bright red as she lowered her head even more. I’d just reminded her of something embarrassing.
This is bad. I’ve been saying the wrong things. Maybe I should just stay quiet and watch the yuri.
I shifted my gaze to Renka-san and Toa-san, watching their innocent horseplay.
“A-Ano…!”
Then Shiori-san spoke to me.
She took out a paperback novel from her bag and held it up in front of her chest.
“Th-this book… I bought it yesterday…”
“Oh? A mystery? Looks interesting.”
“Y-yeah… I found it at a used bookstore near my house… I didn’t have anything to read… But I ended up buying too many… I was planning to go to the salon, but I ran out of money… So now… my hair’s gotten long…”
“I-Is that so…?”
Her long bangs hung down, almost covering her eyes.
Eh…? So in the end, was she just saying, 『My hair has grown long』?
She probably wanted to recommend the book to me, but she couldn’t quite get her point across.
Maybe being alone with me made her nervous. She was clearly more flustered than when she talked with Renka-san and Toa-san.
As I started to feel a little worried, Shiori-san let out a heavy sigh.
“I’m hopeless… I’m bad at this kind of thing…”
“Shiori-san…?”
“Sorry, Naruse-kun… You should go play with everyone else after all.”
Shiori-san’s shoulders drooped visibly.
“Why? What’s wrong all of a sudden?”
“Because… I’m not good at talking… Especially when it’s just the two of us, I don’t know what to talk about… It probably isn’t fun at all…”
Ahh. So she had been worried about it after all.
Shiori-san is shy even in class unless she’s talking with those two.
“I don’t really mind that. When you’re with me, you don’t have to force yourself to talk.”
“But…”
“I’m already satisfied just being here with you, Shiori-san.”
“Eh…?”
Personally, I was having more fun being here together than skating. Because here, I could quietly watch the yuri.
“…Naruse-kun, you’re kind of unusual.”
“Am I?”
“Yeah. Because it’s rare for someone to not feel uncomfortable being with me.”
Shiori-san idly played with her long hair that she said she hadn’t cut in time.
“I can’t talk well with anyone except a few friends… And even when I do talk with them, I end up sounding cold and distant…”
“Come to think of it, Toa-san mentioned that too. She said you’re shy.”
“Yeah… That’s why I can’t really blend in with others, and I hardly make any friends… Sorry. This kind of talk is boring anyway.”
As if her self-loathing was building up, she let out another sigh.
“Anyway, you don’t have to stay with me out of obligation. I can’t tell interesting stories or anything. It’d be weird to want to be friends with someone as cold and distant as me.”
I’m used to being alone, she added, turning her face away from me.
But… a cold person, huh.
“I don’t think so. I don’t think you’re cold at all, Shiori-san.”
“Why?”
“Because you’re just bad with words. Deep down, you’re kinder than anyone.”
You could tell that much just from watching how she usually interacts with Renka-san. Shiori-san worries about her, gives her advice, and even scolds her. Her tone might sound strict, but it comes from kindness.
“You talk like that because you seriously care about Renka-san, right?”
“That’s…”
She probably says strict things because she genuinely worries about Renka-san, who can be a little careless. If she didn’t care, she wouldn’t face her so directly.
“Even if it means sounding harsh, you want Renka-san to be better. That means you treasure your childhood friend that much, doesn’t it? That’s proof you’re a kind person.”
“I-it’s not… like that…”
Shiori-san averted her eyes, looking embarrassed.
“And if you were really a cold person, you wouldn’t show such a cute smile to Toa-san either.”
“C-cute…? Me…!?”
“Yeah. You really are cute.”
Seeing the cool-looking Shiori-san get flustered by the cheerful Toa-san—the yuri dynamic between them is so adorable I never get tired of it.
“Anyway, don’t put yourself down so much. Even if you’re bad with words, people can still see how kind you are.”
That’s right. The kindness hidden behind her quiet, distant attitude must already be understood by the other two. Even if they argue sometimes, deep down they know it.
That the girl who might seem cold actually has a warmer heart than anyone.
“Some people might find it hard to approach you because you’re not good with words… but there are people who understand you and enjoy talking with you. They’re right here.”
“Naruse-kun…”
“Also, if you’re troubled about things like not being good at talking, you have to talk to someone, okay? Don’t keep it all to yourself. It’s important to be honest and let out your worries sometimes. You should rely on the people around you.”
Shiori-san isn’t as strong as her cool appearance makes her seem. She’s kind, but also someone who easily carries loneliness—a fragile girl.
And when she opens up and shares her worries, and Renka-san and Toa-san comfort her… that would definitely be a precious scene. I’d love to watch it from the sidelines.
That’s why I want her to let her worries out sometimes.
“Yeah, thank you… I’ll do that from now on.”
Shiori-san nodded honestly for once. I’m glad my words reached her.
This means I’ll probably get to watch more precious yuri again soon.
“You really understood me that well… I’m a little surprised.”
“Really? You can tell this much just from being in the same class.”
“But… this is the first time a boy has said something this kind to me…”
That’s good. I’d rather she not get too involved with other boys.
“From now on, if I’m troubled, I’ll make sure to consult (Naruse-kun).”
“Yeah. Anytime, you can consult (Toa-san and Renka-san).”
※
After finishing roller skating, the next place we headed to was the arcade on the lower floor.
It seemed Toa-san and the other two had moved their bodies enough already and weren’t really in the mood for sports anymore. The four of us walked around the floor together, looking for a game we could enjoy at a more relaxed pace.
Then suddenly, Toa-san broke into a small run.
“Ah! Look, look! The little bird is so cute〜!”
The machine she ran toward was a crane game. Inside were large plush prizes scattered about. Among them was a pure white bird plush with round, adorable eyes.
“It’s a Shimaenaga plush〜! I love birds〜”
[TLN: Shimaenaga is the Hokkaido subspecies of the long-tailed tit, a small white bird]
“Whoa, that’s super cute! Actually, aren’t there a lot of cute prizes here?”
“Yeah… I kind of like that kitty next to it…”
Shiori-san stopped in front of another machine. She was completely captivated by a sleeping cat plush inside.
“The kitty really is cute〜. Wanna try for it?”
Saying that, Toa-san took out some coins.
“Toa, are you good at crane games?”
“Fufufu〜♪ Just watch. I’m pretty confident〜”
With practiced hands, she inserted the coins. A cheerful melody played from the machine as she moved the crane with the buttons.
“Hmm… with this size and this position… first, aim for the center of gravity…”
Muttering to herself, she used the crane to grab the cat’s head. The arm firmly caught it, and the plush lifted up smoothly.
“Wow… Toa, that’s amazing…”
“Ehehe〜♪ The arm here is pretty strong. I might be able to get it quickly.”
She didn’t get it in one try, but the prize moved close to the drop slot right away.
After just two more attempts, Toa-san successfully won the plush.
“Here you go, Shiori-chan! The kitty is yours〜”
“Th-thank you…! I’ll pay you back properly.”
“It’s fine, don’t worry about it〜. Renka-chan, if there’s something you want, just say so, okay?”
“Seriously!? Then can you get that bear over there!?”
“Leave it to me! That should be easy!”
With coins in hand again, Toa-san headed to her next battlefield. And just like she said, she got the prize after only a few tries.
“Yay〜! I got it〜”
“Whoa, Toa-chin is seriously amazing! Yeahーi!”
“Yeah〜i!”
Renka-san and Toa-san exchanged a high-five.
Even after that, Toa-san kept winning prizes one after another, responding to the requests of the other two.
“Toa-chin, this is crazy! You were this good at crane games!?”
“This is incredible. I really respect you.”
“Right? Right〜? How’s that? Pretty impressive, huh?”
Praised like that, Toa-san got carried away, striking a proud pose. That smug expression of hers was irresistibly cute.
Toa-san, the lovable-type girl, dominating the crane games and winning prizes for the other girls one after another… For someone so cute, she really pulls off these cool moves. She definitely has the qualities of someone who takes the lead.
Watching Toa-san gather the quarrelsome pair around her like attendants… that kind of scene feels precious too.
“Huh, but…”
Suddenly, I noticed something.
Toa-san had only been getting the prizes the other two wanted, and still hadn’t even tried for the one she originally came for.
※
“Ah! Souma-kun, is there anything you want?”
A little while later, Toa-san spoke to me.
The other two had gone to the staff to get a bag to put the prizes Toa-san won for them.
“I can win you anything, you know~. I’m really good at crane games!”
“Thanks. But I’m fine. I don’t really collect plushies or anything.”
“Really? That’s a little disappointing~. I thought I could return the favor.”
“You already treated me earlier, so that’s more than enough. Besides… here. I want you to have this.”
“Eh?”
I handed her a game center bag I had prepared beforehand.
Inside it was the plushie Toa-san had been eyeing earlier.
“Waa…! This is a shimaenaga! Souma-kun, why?”
“You looked like you wanted it earlier. While you were winning prizes for the other two, I gave it a try.”
This was my own way of cheering her on. A small gift for Toa-san, who had to launch a bold attack on that close childhood-friend couple.
“Here, if you’d like it. I’m actually pretty good at crane games too.”
“Th-thank you! I’ll treasure it!”
Taking the plushie out, Toa-san hugged it tightly.
“Ehehe… it’s so fluffy… so cute…”
Feeling the softness, her cheeks relaxed into a gentle smile. She softly stroked the plushie’s head.
The sight of a small girl hugging a big plushie was unbelievably heartwarming.
“Souma-kun, thank you so much. You noticed and were so kind.”
“No, not as much as you, Toa-san. You’ve been looking out for everyone all day.”
“Eh? What do you mean?”
Tilting her head, Toa-san looked puzzled, as if it hadn’t even crossed her mind.
“Huh? You didn’t realize?”
Ever since we came here, Toa-san had been constantly looking out for all of us.
After table tennis, she brought us drinks. During roller skating, she was the first to notice Shiori-san wasn’t feeling well. And even now, instead of going for what she wanted, she kept prioritizing the prizes the other two wanted.
As expected of my oshi. This is the kind of thing that makes her admirable as a person too.
“You really are thoughtful, Toa-san.”
“N-no… that’s just normal…”
“It’s not normal. You’re actually serious and really good at taking care of others, aren’t you?”
Toa-san looks cute, so people tend to spoil her. Because of that, she’s often misunderstood, but she rarely acts spoiled herself. If anything, she’s the one always looking after those around her, to the point that others end up relying on her. A truly dependable girl—that’s her true nature.
“S-stop it, Souma-kun… this is kind of embarrassing…”
“Sorry. But I’ve always noticed. You really are amazing, Toa-san.”
When Shiori-san and Renka-san argued, she tried to mediate. And even during their usual bickering, she would quietly slip in words to smooth things over.
For those two, Toa-san had already become someone they couldn’t do without.
“R-really…? Ehehe… that’s embarrassing…”
Hiding her reddened face behind the shimaenaga plushie, Toa-san fidgeted.
“But… I might be a little happy. That means you’ve really been watching me, huh…?”
“Well, we’re classmates.”
The truth is, it’s because yuri is precious… but there’s no way I could say that honestly.
“Ehehe… being called 『serious and good at taking care of others』—that’s the first time anyone’s said that to me. Though my family says it a lot.”
“Oh? So your family understands.”
“Fufu~. Actually, I may look like this, but I’m an older sister! I’ve got twin little sisters, you know? I’ve been taking care of them since forever~”
I didn’t know that. So her attentiveness came from being the eldest.
“They’re both suuuper cute, you know~? I do worry since they’re a bit airheaded and not great at studying… but they’re really good girls at heart!”
“I see. But… in that case, I might be a little worried.”
“Worried?”
If she’s always looking after her sisters, then both at school and at home, she’s constantly taking care of others. It makes me wonder if she ever truly gets a moment to relax.
“If you’re always worrying about others, even you must get tired sometimes.”
“Maybe…? Ahaha. Yeah, maybe you’re right.”
At my words, Toa-san gave a dry laugh.
“I tend to think about other people more than myself… I’m better at being relied on than relying on others. So yeah, sometimes it can be a little tough.”
“I knew it. Sometimes, it’s important to let yourself depend on someone from the bottom of your heart.”
“But… depend on who?”
“Isn’t it obvious? The people closest to you.”
Thinking of Renka-san and Shiori-san, I said it.
“Forget about worrying for once, and let yourself be spoiled for your own sake. That would make me happy too.”
“S-Souma-kun…!”
The way she occasionally acts spoiled toward the two of them is so adorable it makes me want to scream. It’s honestly soothing to watch. Personally, I’d love to see it happen more often.
Not while worrying about them—just letting herself rely on them wholeheartedly. I’m sure it would lead to some wonderfully precious yuri.
“Thank you…! Okay, got it! Then sometimes… I’ll try relying on (Souma-kun)!”
“Yeah. Definitely rely on (Renka-san and Renka-san).”
Feeling the budding of a new yuri moment, I was filled with satisfaction.
※
After playing crane games for a while and making a full round of the arcade,
before we knew it, it was already past five in the evening.
“Phew… We’ve played quite a lot. Maybe we should head home soon?”
If it got too late, I’d worry about the girls. Thinking that, I spoke up to the three of them.
“Yeah… I’d like to get home before it gets dark.”
“True~. Time flew by before we even noticed~.”
The two nodded, and the mood began to shift toward wrapping things up. However—
“Wait! Let’s do that one last thing before we go!”
What Renka-san pointed at was a booth with a beautiful woman’s face displayed prominently. A purikura machine.
[TLN: Purikura refers to Japanese photo booths that let users take pictures and decorate them with filters, stamps, and handwritten text before printing them as small stickers.]
Purikura, huh. Nice. The three girls taking photos together as a memory of today. Leaning on each other, hugging… they’d probably get some really precious shots.
“I’m in~! It’s been so long since I took purikura~.”
“To remember today! Let’s take one with all four of us!”
Eh…? Me too…?
My thoughts froze at Renka-san’s words.
“I-I’m not really good with photos…”
“Eeh! It’s fine once in a while, Shiorin! Right, Souma-kun? You wanna take one too, don’t you?”
“No, I don’t really—”
“Alright alright, enough talking! Let’s hurry and take it!”
Without giving me a chance to refuse, Renka-san dragged me into the booth.
Why? Why would they invite a guy they’re not even into—me—to take purikura with them…?
“But this might be my first time taking one with a guy! I always just take them with girls!”
At those words, something clicked in my mind.
I see…! By having me in the photo, they’re trying to hide their relationship from others!
A couple like them would probably get teased a lot. “Hey hey, are you two dating?” “What kind of dates do you go on?” People might pry like that.
If they could show a photo with a guy in it, it’d be easier to brush those questions off. So they’re using me as camouflage!
That’s a brilliant plan. I’m genuinely happy to be of help to them.
Honestly, I’d love to see a flirty yuri purikura with just the three of them… but I’ll cooperate here.
Meanwhile, Toa-san brought Shiori-san along.
“Come on, Shiori-chan, don’t be shy~. You’re cute, so it’s fine~.”
“U-ugh… I’m not cute…”
Being praised for her looks, Shiori-san fidgeted and denied it. No, the way you’re being cornered by Toa-san is undeniably adorable.
“Alright, we’re starting! Everyone ready?”
Renka-san inserted the coins, chose the background and number of people, and started the shoot.
“Come on, everyone, get close! Let’s make it look like we’re really close!”
At her instruction, Toa-san and Shiori-san huddled together in the photo space. Renka-san and Shiori-san hugged Toa-san from both sides, with Toa-san in the middle.
Ah, this is bad… this yuri purikura is insanely precious. The small, adorable Toa-san being ‘fought over’ from both sides by Renka-san and Shiori-san—it looked like she was incredibly popular. Such a lovely scene.
“Souma-kun? What are you doing? Hurry up and come over!”
“Eh? Ah…”
Right. I was part of this too.
But this was my first time taking purikura. I had no idea what to do.
“Come on, stand next to me! Don’t hold back, you can get close!”
“No, but… that’s a bit…”
“It’s fine! I won’t call it harassment or anything!”
Renka-san grabbed my arm and pulled me in. Overwhelmed by her momentum, I ended up standing beside her. It became a pose where I lightly hugged Renka-san, who was hugging Toa-san.
This was overwhelmingly embarrassing and filled with guilt. Being pressed close to Renka-san, practically hugging her… the sweet scent unique to girls and the faint warmth of her body made my head spin.
『Alright, here we go—! 3, 2, 1──』
The shutter sound clicked, and a flash filled the booth.
And immediately, the next shot began.
“Hey, everyone! Any pose you want to try?”
Renka-san, the most gyaru of the group, eagerly asked.
“I don’t really have anything like that…”
“Hmm… doing it with four people makes it hard~. Since we’re here, I’d like to try different things though.”
The girls pondered the next pose. Of course, I had no idea either.
“Ah! Then let’s make the most of Souma-kun!”
“Eh?”
“Come here, come here! Stand in the middle and crouch a little!”
Once again, Renka-san pulled me along, moving me to the center.
What kind of pose are they making me do this time…? Hopefully nothing too embarrassing.
“Alright, everyone—let’s all hug Souma-kun!”
“Eeeh!?”
The shock made my voice crack.
All the girls hugging me…!? Even if it’s for camouflage, that’s way too embarrassing!
“H-hey, Renka! Idiot! That’s way too embarrassing…!”
“It’s fine! It’s all about the vibe! Since we came with Souma-kun, let’s get a shot that makes us look close!”
“I’m fine with it~. It’s Souma-kun, after all, so I don’t mind!”
Toa-san went along with Renka-san’s idea.
“See? Toa-chin says it’s fine. Shiorin, you’ve gotta brace yourself too.”
“B-but…”
Embarrassed, Shiori-san lowered her face.
Well, of course. Hugging a guy you’re not into would feel uncomfortable. Especially for Shiori-san, who’s shy—it must be even harder.
“Um… if Shiori-san doesn’t want to, I don’t think we should force it.”
“Ah, wait…! It’s not that I don’t want to at all…”
She denied it quickly. She’s too kind. She doesn’t have to worry about me even at a time like this.
“Then it’s settled! Okay, line up!”
In the end, we went with Renka-san’s idea. The girls surrounded me.
Toa-san stood on my right, Shiori-san on my left, and Renka-san positioned herself behind me.
And then—
“Alright, excuse me~.”
Renka-san gently hugged me.
“—!”
She wrapped her arms around my neck and pressed her body against mine. Her presence—especially her large chest—pressed firmly against my back. Soft, yet firm. The overwhelming comfort of that elasticity against my back made my heart race.
But before I could even process it—
“Ehehe… nice to be with you, Souma-kun.”
Toa-san lightly held onto my right arm. With a shy smile, she leaned against me as if seeking comfort. Being held by someone with such a youthful appearance made me feel a strange urge to protect her… like I wanted to pat her head.
And then, on my left arm—
“…”
Shiori-san hugged me hesitantly. She didn’t say a word as she touched my arm, but it didn’t seem unwilling. Her face was red as she fidgeted, clearly more embarrassed than Toa-san.
『Alright, here we go—! 3, 2, 1──』
The countdown began again.
Along with it, the three of them pressed even closer against me. I could literally feel their body heat against my skin.
Surrounded by some of the cutest girls in our grade, my face grew hotter and hotter. Sweet scents came from three directions, soft bodies brushing against different parts of mine… the embarrassment made my chest tighten, like I might lose it at any moment.
And then the shutter clicked.
Even if it was for camouflage, it was unbelievably embarrassing. I never imagined I’d end up taking a photo where I was surrounded and hugged by girls…
There probably isn’t anything in this world more heart-pounding than that.
“Alright! Next, Souma-kun, you hug us tight!”
Renka-san… please spare me from that.
※
“Phew… I’m seriously tired.”
After the photo session ended,
I left Renka-san and the other two, who were enjoying decorating their purikura, and took a breather in the men’s restroom.
“Still, all things considered, I did gain something.”
I quickly looked back on the day.
Today, as I talked with each of them, I managed to plant new seeds of yuri. Renka-san, Shiori-san, and Toa-san—all of them were carrying worries and hardships in their hearts. And I was able to advise them to support those worries and emotional weaknesses through their bonds with each other.
Because of that, I’m sure they’ll grow closer. And if that happens, I’ll get to enjoy even more meaningful yuri interactions than before.
I went through a lot for the sake of helping yuri—being fed 'ah-n', taking purikura and all—but it was a very worthwhile time.
“I even got to enjoy some cute flirting! As expected, those girls really are the best couple!”
Anyway, they should be done decorating the purikura by now. It’s getting late, so I should walk them to the station before heading home.
I left the restroom and returned to where the purikura machines were.
“Hey hey, you girls~. Got a moment?”
I heard a man’s voice.
“Eh? You mean us…?”
“Yeah, yeah. We’re about to go grab some food—wanna come with us?”
“Of course, we’ll pay for everything.”
When I looked over, two men were crowding around Renka-san and the others.
One was tall and wore glasses, the other had a large, muscular build.
“U-um… we’re already heading home…”
“Come on, don’t say that. Just hang out with us.”
“Kya!”
The rough-looking, bulky man tried to grab Toa-san’s arm.
She instinctively pulled away, but she was trembling in fear.
“Stop! Don’t come near Toa!”
“Yeah! What’s your problem!?”
Shiori-san and Renka-san stepped forward, shielding Toa-san.
“Whoa, scary. Don’t glare at us like that.”
“If anything, let us join in too. You three were flirting together, right?”
Grinning, the two men circled around them.
There was no doubt about it. They were hitting on them.
And judging by their words… they were the typical idiots trying to wedge themselves into yuri.
“Hey.”
“Huh?”
I walked up to them and spoke.
The men turned toward me.
“What do you want? You with them?”
“If so, sorry, but could you leave? The girls are coming with us.”
“……”
Ignoring their words, I slipped my hand into my pocket.
Then I pulled out my wallet.
“Hm…? What’s this? Trying to buy us off with money?”
“Man, that’s pathetic. Well, depending on the amount, we might consider it.”
I opened my wallet and took some coins.
Then I dropped them into the machine right next to us. The punching machine.
“Hey, what are you doing? Don’t start playing by yourself!”
The bulky man approached, confused by my actions.
I ignored him, clenched my fist, and threw a full-force punch.
Straight at the punching machine’s target.
“Hah!”
With a loud thud, the target slammed back from the impact.
And the displayed punch strength was—350 kilograms.
“No way!?”
“Whoa, seriously…?”
The two men stared in shock. It was a punch strength far above average—something not easily achieved.
I glared at them.
“Do you have some business with my friends?”
“N-no… not really…”
“We’re leaving… won’t mess with you again…”
The men backed off and left. I let out a sigh of relief.
“Naruse-kun! Are you okay!?”
As if switching places with them, Shiori-san and the others rushed over, worry written all over their faces.
“Yeah, I’m fine. More importantly, you guys must’ve been scared.”
Especially Toa-san—she had looked really frightened. I asked if she was alright.
“Y-yeah. Thank you. I’m okay now!”
“But seriously, Souma-kun, that was amazing! I don’t know much about it, but that punch strength was enough to scare them, right!?”
“Hmm… yeah, I guess. I’m just glad it made them back off.”
I’ve never been in a fight, so if they’d actually come at me, it could’ve been dangerous. Besides, the punching machine here probably isn’t calibrated well—it tends to show higher numbers. As long as you know the trick, anyone can get results like that.
Anyway, I’m just glad I managed to help.
I couldn’t just ignore idiots trying to wedge themselves into yuri.
“Souma-kun, you looked really cool! Thank you for protecting us!”
“Thanks to you, we were really saved… I feel like I owe Naruse-kun even more now.”
“Don’t worry about it. More importantly, let’s head home. I’ll walk you to the station.”
If we ran into more weird guys, it’d be trouble. Before anything else could happen, we left the arcade behind.
※
After parting ways with Souma at the station.
Before heading home, Renka and the others were chatting in a corner of the station.
“Aaaahhhhh〜〜〜〜! Souma-kun is so cool〜〜〜〜!!!”
“Hey, Renka. Your voice is too loud. You’re bothering people.”
“But that was seriously cool! Souma-kun went punch! Bam! Like that!”
“Okay, okay, I get it… Everyone around us is staring…”
“But I get it too~! My heart was pounding!”
“Right!? You thought so too, Shiorin!? Souma-kun was seriously insane!”
“Well… of course. Any girl would feel that way after seeing something like that…”
“Waa— Shiori-chan, your face is red? Don’t tell me… you fell for him?”
“Th-that’s…!”
“I get it, Shiorin. My heart’s going crazy too. I mean, aren’t we all the same? Honestly, Toa-chin too, you like Souma-kun, right?”
“……Ehehehe…………”
“See—! I knew it! But yeah, makes sense. He was just way too cool.”
“Yeah… Naruse-kun was really cool.”
“Ahh… I wanna get closer to Souma-kun.”
“Right!? …Hey, then why don’t we just all work together?”
“『Work together?』”
“I mean, you two are both interested in Souma-kun, right? Then starting tomorrow, let’s all stick with him together and talk to him a lot!”
“I don’t mind… but why the three of us? Technically, we’d all be rivals in this situation.”
“Because… it’s embarrassing to go talk to him alone…”
“Wah…! Renka-chan, that was kinda cute just now!”
“So you’re actually innocent about that, huh… even though you were clinging to him in the purikura.”
“Back then, I wasn’t seriously in love yet…! Anyway! Let’s all work together and make him completely crazy about us!”
“Yeah! Let’s all appeal to him together!”
“…Alright. I’m in. I need to start making more moves myself too…!”
“Oh? Even Shiorin’s getting fired up… Guess everyone’s serious.”
“First step—let’s get even closer with Souma-kun!”
Comments
Post a Comment